Sigfox Certification types
- To provide solutions to connect to Sigfox network, Partner will choose a Module or a Reference Design.
- To add Sigfox connectivity into End Products, Partner will choose an End Product.
Sigfox proposes 2 certifications types to match partner projects:
Module: Ready to use component to be soldered to a board..
Reference Design: Collection of schematics, Bill of Materials including components values and tolerances, PCB layout, PCB stack to be implemented on a board.
Both contains specific firmware versions with secured Id/Keys that authorize communication with the Sigfox network
- Conducted tests
- Sigfox Verified™ Certificate (M) and a Sigfox VerifiedTM label
End Product: Ready to communicate product with a specific customer application embedding secured Ids/Keys and dedicated antenna (integral or external). End Product is communicating in radiated mode and is intended to operate on Sigfox Network to deliver a commercial service without additional transformation.
A Sigfox Verified Module
A Sigfox Verified Reference Design
- Radiated tests and classification.
- Sigfox Ready™Certificate (P) and Sigfox ReadyTM label
To add Sigfox connectivity into Development Solutions, partner will not need to apply for Sigfox certification assuming the solution is based on a Sigfox Verified™ Module or Reference design.
Development Solutions based on a Sigfox Verified Module or a Ref design: Engineering tool, technology evaluation tool or building block to be transformed/integrated in an End Product.
Not used to operate on Sigfox network for commercial service delivery.
Activated in the backend through the Activate portal in the Sigfox cloud https://backend.sigfox.com/activate
Includes: development kit, breakout, shield, expansion/extension board
A Sigfox Verified™ Module
A Sigfox Verified™ Reference Design
- No conducted or radiated tests.
- No classification.
- Partner provides complete datasheet and documentation of the Development solution
Note: any development solution that is NOT based on a Sigfox VerifiedTM module or Reference Design must apply for the Sigfox VerifiedTM certification with conducted tests.
Choose your certification type
The graph below summarizes the choices available to Partners: