I want to create a new device type associated with a contract in order to register my devices.
According your user rights in the backend, you'll be able to create a new device type following the steps below:
- Go to Device type tab
- Click on New button in the top right corner
- Choose the group or sub-group in which you want to create the new device type
- Fill in the Device type information:
- Name of your device type
- Description of your device type
- Set the Keep-alive value in minutes (optional)
- Contract: you can associate multiple contracts to a device type
- Alert e-mail: If a callback fails, an email will be sent to the address below so that you can take action to fix the problem.
- Configure the downlink callback mode
- Configure the Payload display
A device type can be modified by clicking on the Edit button in the top right corner of its information page.
You can also create or edit a device type using API endpoints.