Callbacks are set from the device type page for Data, Service, and Error callback service, by following these steps:
- Click on the Device type tab.
- Click on the name of the device type that you want to create your callback for.
- Click on Callbacks on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the New button, located on the upper-right part of the screen.
- Choose Custom Callback.
- Set your Custom Callback.
Choose the communication medium:
- URL: to push the data to a single URL destination.
- BATCH_URL: This option pushes the data transmitted by all devices from a device type within a 1 second time period.
- EMAIL: to get the callback data to your email address.
CUSTOM PAYLOAD CONFIGURATION
This option allows the user to decode the payload in distinct, simple variables within the Backend GUI.
Note that the custom payload has only a few available types and cannot distinguish different frames format types: all frames will be split the same way.
For more information, please click on the question mark icon in the Backend GUI callback creation page.
Define the HTTP request to be pushed to your server, including available variables. An example is displayed in the GUI.
Displaying a specific port is supported for the URL channel, as follows:
Add variable as path parameter :
Add variable as request parameter :
Three HTTP methods can be used:
SNI: SSL/TLS CONFIGURATION
It is highly recommended to enable the Server Name Indication (SNI) to specify the target domain at the beginning of the SSL/TLS handshake process. As this option is transparent if TLS is not used (regular HTTP URLs), you should let this option checked unless in very specific cases.
Please note that the SNI option is enabled by default when a callback is created.