The Sigfox service map is accessible on the Backend right from the welcome page. To access it, please click on the Service map link in the left-hand menu.
This service map allows viewing several levels of details for areas covered by the Sigfox network.
Before using the service map, please select the country you wish to check coverage on in the top right corner drop-down list.
The drop-down SO menu shows all publicly covered territories. Other territories might be under roll-out. For any inquiry on this topic, please contact your SO Service Desk.
Coverage layer selection
Depending on the device location, select the appropriate coverage layer in the Service overlap list:
- "max link budget": service map for devices located outdoors
- "link budget with 20 dB margin": for "light indoor" conditions (device close to a window or a door)
Deep indoor and underground
Device used in deep indoor and underground locations requires a dedicated assessment. Please contact your local Sigfox Operator.
This is the quality of emission of your device. It is defined through the Sigfox-Ready certification process. The product class is determined depending on the device transmission performance (signal strength, radiation pattern etc).
Reading the Service map
The service map shows in a colour code the number of sigfox basestations that may receive a signal from a given location:
- Blue: only one sigfox basestation is likely to receive the signal
- Green: 2 sigfox basestations are likely to receive the signal
- Red: 3 or more sigfox basestations are likely to receive the signal
Please note that the service map is based on a prediction. On-site measurements may diverge.
SIGFOX continuously work on the propagation model calibration for the improvement of these service maps.