What is a Device type? What does it stand for? How to use it?
A Device type is a group of devices. It allows you to gather devices and define common means to process the data they transmit.
The following parameters are defined at the Device type level:
- Contract: defined upon Device type creation.
- Alert email: email address to receive notifications should callbacks fail.
- Events: notifications can be triggered upon specific events. More info: Create Event notifications
- Callbacks: push mechanism to transmit devices information. More info: Callbacks documentation
- Keep alive: device communication status monitoring. More info: Set a keep alive delay