Backend users need to register devices so that they can communicate through the Sigfox Network.
Note that this process is dedicated to registering new devices only. If devices are already belonging to your groups or subgroups, the transfer function shall be used. Please refer to Move a device section in this case.
- Click on the Device menu.
- Click on the New button in the upper right part of the screen.
- Choose the desired group.
- Complete the device information fields :
- ID/PAC couple(location information is optional).
- Select device type
- Enter your product certificate if your device is Sigfox Ready.
- The device default setting is Activable. If this option is disabled, all messages will be dropped and the device cannot consume any token.This option could be updated by editing the device.
- Click on Ok to validate.
Previously registered devices in another company/domain
If the device being registered was owned by another company or registered within another SO domain, note that:
- when you register devices as new in a device type belonging to a different group, the resulting transfer will take around 15 minutes.
- this transfer will also trash all previous messages from the history of the device in question
- the token used by this device in its previous device type/group will be lost and a new token will be used in the destination group.